Somerset MaternityVoices Partnership
Follow us on social media
Our work with Maternity Voices Partnership
In addition to our core functions we are supporting Somerset Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP), an independent forum for women & families to share their experiences with maternity services in Somerset.
Maternity Voices Partnerships (MVP’s) are independently led working groups: a committee consisting of women & their families, community groups, supporting organisations, local commissioners and providers working together to review and contribute to the development of local maternity care.
MVP exists to support the implementation of Better Births across Somerset. We listen to and engage with those who have recently used our local maternity services and feed this back to Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and the providers it commissions.
The Somerset MVP is chaired by Donna Butland.
What does Somerset MVP do?
- We support the implementation of Better Births within Somerset
- We host focus groups on specific maternity themes, to build an accurate picture of people’s experiences and needs
- We listen to & gather feedback from communities across Somerset (especially those who are hard to reach or seldom heard)
- We ‘Walk the Patch’ and do the ‘15 steps’ challenge within the local maternity units & hospitals to check that the facilities & care meets the needs of the people using them
- We attend local, regional & national events to network and ensure people’s voices are always heard
- We provide critical friendship & accountability to professionals within the NHS Trusts, Council & CCG, involved in the Better Births transformation
Together we can improve maternity care in Somerset.
We need your feedback
Take part in our survey:
This survey will ask about your experiences of maternity care. We would like to hear from you if you have had a baby in the last two years.
All responses will remain anonymous, and any identifiable information will be removed before any feedback is shared.
What will happen to the feedback?
Responses from this survey will be used to feed back to the Local Maternity System programme board (board members include
Somerset NHS Clinical Commissioning Group commissioners and directors, Heads of midwifery from NHS trusts and other providers of maternity services, Consultant obstetricians, Public health representatives and the chair of Somerset Maternity Voices Partnership)
Your feedback will help us to continue to co-produce the transformation of maternity services in Somerset.
If you have any questions about the survey, please email SomersetMVP@healthwatchsomerset.co.uk